Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Sad Piano Story

Gather 'round my children
 and I will tell you a tale of woe. 
This is a tale of silly money decisions,
and a piano.

Saturday morning, 
all bright and true
Mother turned to Father and said, 
Perhaps a piano we find for me and for you?

I know we are poor,
But what joy there would be,
If we could find a free piano,
So there could be voice lessons, taught by me!

And so Mother began her search and her thought of,
"Perhaps we shall find one for free?"
Turned out to be true for there was one,
Located out in Airdrie!

The piano was lovely,
A mover they found whose price they could stand,
So Mother and Father robbed their emergency fund,
To move the instrument, a Segerstrom upright grand.

The movers arrived the next morning
with this bundle of joy,
But alas! It would not fit down the stairs,
And I'm not being coy!

And so the gruff movers,
they hauled the piano away,
While Mother and Father,
they learned a hard lesson that day.

Do not rob your emergency fund,
Not even if you think it's too good to be true,
For you see, they realized,
That an emergency is not for free pianos, or even two.



3 comments:

  1. Oh, Amy! I'm so sorry to read of your sad tale of woe. It was a sad story in person but is even more sad when in prose. I hope you can find someone to take it off your hands. I hope this doesn't put a damper on your travels & I hope little Hyrum does okay on the flight. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you won't have a piano after all!!! That sounded like a grand idea to me, too! I miss you and hope all is going well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete