Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hyrum


I know I post about him a lot but I realized that it's normally about events rather than experiences. Today I was babysitting our neighbor's 8-month old baby and it was so much fun to see how even at this young age, their little personalities were shining through. This is a little post about Hyrum's personality as it is manifest right now.

Hyrum is curious and thoughtful. Some kiddos want to play with every toy in sight and move from toy to toy quickly, examining each of their properties and then moving on to the next one. Hyrum generally is quite occupied with one toy for quite some time, examining it for texture, weight, color, and anything else about it he can discern. He also is really interested in his surroundings. This makes nursing in public a little bit of a challenge (since he'll scream and cry if he can't see!) but we're just learning to make do the best we can.

Hyrum is sensitive. I've noticed on a number of occasions that even when Hyrum is happy-go-lucky as can be, if another baby or child around him cries or is distressed, Hyrum will also become distressed. I am pretty sure he's going to grow up to be a very empathetic little boy.

Hyrum is a cuddler. He loves to be held and snuggled. He has even started to give us kisses which is the most adorable thing in the world. Even though he wakes up multiple times during the night, I know it's because he just wants company and love and I'm totally okay with that.

Hyrum is remarkably happy and giggly. Just about everyone who spends time with him remarks at how content and happy he seems. Smiles abound almost constantly and his chuckles are to die for.

Hyrum is a talker. No kidding, this kiddo chatters up a storm. Whether it be during sacrament meeting, on our morning walk, or just around the house, he talks and talks and talks and talks...and talks!

Hopefully that gave you a little bit of insight into who this little dude is. Maybe I'm just an over-proud mama but thus far, I think he's a pretty darn likable fellow.

2 comments:

  1. Amy, I love this post. It makes me wish our kids were friends. It reminded me so much of my two kids (for different reasons) and it just made me happy. You have a sweet little guy there, that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish our kiddos were friends too! Who knows, maybe they'll go to BYU together or something and be great roommates.

    ReplyDelete