Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Grandpa, Greatgrandma, and Banff!

My grandmother on my mom's side flew over from England this week to attend my little brother's high school graduation. Since my dad works for Alaska Airlines, he was able to fly her up here for the day to spend some time with us and to meet Hyrum for the first time. We really enjoyed their visit even though it was super short.

Here's Hyrum with Great-grandma Pollock and Grandpa Isaksen!






While they were here, we took a quick jaunt up to Banff National Park. A couple things you should know about Banff: It is the #1 tourist attraction in Canada and it's absolutely gorgeous.

Here are a few photos taken at Lake Minnewanka








We stopped off in the city of Banff to get some lunch. My dad held Hyrum at the table while Grandma and I ordered sandwiches for the three of us. Apparently just about every person in the shop came up to my dad and commented on how cute Hyrum is. Yeah...he's adorable.

He also really likes to eat paper.



While we were driving on the highway we happened across some caribou! They must have been younguns because their antlers were still really small and obviously they're used to visitors because they hardly flinched when we drove up to catch a few pictures.





Overall, Hyrum seemed to really love the trip to the beautiful mountains.




By the way, you're welcome to come and visit us in Calgary and take a trip to Banff any time you like! We'd love to host you, though, if you have lots of money, you could also stay at this super cool hotel.

1 comment:

  1. I can't even put into words my level of jealousy. It looks JUST like Alaska, and it made me homesick just looking at those pictures. Oh, Amy, you're going to love it there! I'm saving my pennies to come visit!

    ReplyDelete